Saturday, May 16, 2015

doTERRA Shampoo and Conditioner

So I'm very particular about hair care, especially shampoo.  The ones you buy at big box stores all seem to leave my hair super dry and frizzy.  Which is why I pony up for the good stuff from the specialty stores.  So I wasn't a stranger to paying a little more for quality products.  So I was super excited to try doTERRa's shampoo and conditioner.  First thing I noticed is how amazing the shampoo smells.  It's smells of Lime and Wild Orange and smells so good in the morning.  The conditioner isn't too shabby either. The scents that stand out to me are Lavender, Rosemary, and Eucalyptus.  Both the shampoo and conditioner have many other oils and ingredients to give your hair exactly what it needs!  The first day I used it, after drying my hair I noticed I had a small patch of itchy dandruff near the hairline of my forehead.  It had been a little itchy for weeks, but there was so much build up from my old shampoo and conditioner that I couldn't tell I had a dry scalp under it all.  Until I used doTERRA's shampoo which got rid of the build up, leaving me with an icky flaky spot right where everyone can see it.  So I dabbed some Lavender on it a couple of times a day for a couple of days and voila! All better!  Lavender took care of the itch right away, and healed it too.  I'm sure the other oils in doTERRA's shampoo and conditioner also helped heal it.  Amazing.  My hair has a nice shiny, soft look and feel to it so I know this stuff is legit.  Like I said, I'm super picky.  If my hair starts to look even a tiny bit frizzy, or feel like hay, I'll take anything back for a refund.  I'm not going to waste good money on crappy products.

One little tip to share - The shampoo is a bit thicker in consistency than other brands I've used.  So I make sure my hair is super wet before lathering up.  And since it's so thick, I seem to need less of it so long as I have enough water to lather with.  A little goes a long way for me.  Just wanted to share.  Maybe start with half of what you normally use, lather up, and add more if needed to see how much works best for you. 

Read more about both here:  Shampoo      Conditioner

No comments:

Post a Comment