Saturday, March 17, 2018

Restless legs anyone?


Lucky for me I've never had to deal with the creepy crawly feeling or whatever it is that makes peoples legs restless and twitchy.  But my husband is not so fortunate.  It annoys him and it annoys me.  Nothing fun about a twitchy annoyed person laying next to you when you're trying to sleep.  It seems to always kick in when it's most inconvenient.  Like at the movie theater. 😬 His usual go to in the past was a common over the counter pain reliever.  Why those seemed to work for him is beyond me.  Though it wasn't always 100%, it was usually at least just enough to ignore it.  Enter Serenity. I've always been a big fan of the oil Serenity.  It has such a peaceful scent.  I keep a small spray bottle by my bed with a mix of several drops of Serenity oil with water and use it to spritz myself and my bedding before bedtime.  It seriously helps relax the mind.  Now enough about me.. back to my husband.  Knowing how much I already loved Serenity oil, when doTERRA released this blend in a softgel, I was excited to try it!  I don't have any problem sleeping, but I thought it would be good to have on hand.  Boy was I onto something!  One night when my husband and I were trying to enjoy a movie at home and his legs started to get all creepy crawly, I reached for my Serenity softgels.  Gave him 2 softgels, and within about 20 minutes he noticed a difference.  No more twitchy legs for this guy!  (are your legs crawling yet with all this talk about twitchy legs? haha)  I love that he can now use something natural to calm those annoying leg fits. And they'll help him relax when it's time to sleep so it's like double or triple the benefits!  My personal experience with this is it does not make you feel drowsy.  But there is a noticeable relaxing sensation you get using this.  So if you're sitting on the couch watching TV or laying in bed reading a book, you might notice this relaxing sensation too, but it's not going to make you nod off.  If you don't have the softgels, I've also used a blend of lavender and marjoram in a veggie capsule to help relax those man legs of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment